Tamales Workshop, 7/27
Join Lola’s Cocina for a Tamaleada to Remember!
In Mexico the holidays are greeted with a tradition your family and friends are sure to love. Everyone, young and old alike, gathers in the kitchen to enjoy each other's company and assemble dozens of tamales.
In this class we'll show you everything you need to make these festive treats part of your own holiday repertoire, from the masa (dough) and fillings to wrapping techniques and tasty salsa. We’ll have two fillings prepared, one braised meat and one vegetarian, and then as a class you’ll prepare your masa. Then we’ll gather together to assemble tamales, wrapping them in corn husks for steaming. While your tamales are cooking, you and your classmates will prepare salsa and agua fresca, then you’ll sit down as a group to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
By the end of the class, you will:
* Know how to prepare flavorful tamal dough
* Understand which types of fillings work well, and how you can improvise to create your own
* Learn to fill, wrap, steam, and freeze tamales for later use
Class participants will take home tamales, a recipe booklet and how-to guide on hosting a tamalada at home, and a better understanding of the cultural significance of the tamaleada!
Date & Time: Saturday, July 27, 2019 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO (address will be emailed upon registration)
* Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange a private group workshop
* There is a ten-person minimum (12-person max) required to hold this particular class and registration is confirmed when payment is received
* Address will be emailed upon registration
* Registration closes 48 hours prior to a class or workshop
* Please review cancellation policy at www.lolascocina.com/classes-workshops
WAIVER: I understand that by registering and purchasing this class for myself or another person, I agree to release and hold harmless Lola's Cocina, LLC from any and all claims or liability related to any accident that may occur to myself or the person for whom I have purchased this class while attending or in the process of attending this class. I acknowledge that cooking includes the use of knives and other kitchen utensils and that the use of these includes risks or can cause or lead to injury.